I'm asking this question here because I suspect that only the developers might
have enough knowledge to answer the question.

I have a webapp that uses the latest Struts and commons builds from the CVS.
(The commons jars are all in the WEB-INF/lib directory and only there, no place
else.) It's been working fine with a recent version of Resin, but now I need to
use an earlier version of Resin. However, when I try to run my webapp on the
earlier version I get an exception when the ActionServlet runs it's init method.
The exception is

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getReader(Digester.java:503)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1178)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initMapping(ActionServlet.java:1273)

This exception doesn't change if I move the commons jars out of the webapp and
into /resin/lib.

I don't understand what might be going on here. How can the Digester class be
found, but not it's getReader method? Does anyone have an idea what might be
happening here?

Thanks, Will