Bellow is code I used to activate the menu based on the notes in
stuts-menu .... and it does not activate (Struts 1.1 and Tomcat4 and tiles.)
I have a very simple menu and a displayer JSP for test. And the WAR
sample runs fine, but I think that is Struts 1.0.
I also had to create new struts-menu.jar to get it to use the new
location for collections and digester. Tiles work just fine.
(There was a Xalan vs JAXp issue I faced before on a diferent issue,
could that be it?)

It says it loads... but nothing displays.

What should I look at? Anyone have the menu working in Struts 1.1 w/
Tiles? (I love tiles, but do not like the menu in tiles, I like this one).

TIA,
Vic

package reuse;

import org.apache.struts.tiles.*;
import org.apache.struts.action.*;
import com.fgm.web.resources.*;
import com.fgm.web.menu.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import javax.servlet.*;

//contributed by sskyles
// this is systems programin, not application programing
public class BaseStrutMnu extends ActionComponentServlet  {
// we are extending the tiles controler here

public void loadMenu()
{
  MenuRepository reps = new MenuRepository();
  reps.setLoadParam("/WEB-INF/menu-config.xml");
  reps.setServlet(this);

  try {
     reps.load();

getServletConfig().getServletContext().setAttribute(MenuRepository.MENU_REPOSITORY_KEY,reps);
     System.out.println("menus are working!");
  } catch (Exception e) {System.out.println(e);
System.out.println("Menus might not work.. ");}
} // loadMenu

    super.init(); // call the strtus and tiles
    loadMenu(); // our menu loader
} // init

} // class