I think Ted was just saying that the core of Struts
should remain small and that there can be lots of
add-ons and extensions for "plug and play"
functionality.  It makes the core easier to manage and
then people can add in whatever functionality they
need by just dropping in a jar and/or tld.  It has
been added to the resource page that Ted maintains so
lots of people will see it already.

http://www.husted.com/struts/resources.htm
http://www.husted.com/struts/resources/MonkeyStruts.htm

David