Is there any intent to modify the code to centralize conversion of
strings to objects and reverse? Currently, ConvertUtils is used to
convert strings to primitive objects, however, toString is used to
convert the object to a string.

We'd like to integrate in a data conversion framework but to do this
cleanly we need a cental place where all data conversion happens.  In
addition, we'd need to be able to access the request or page context in
order to provide custom conversions on a per page basis.

We've looked at the transformations extension and the Capco Mapper,
however, we don't see how the transformations can be used with html:text

tags to provide data conversion from strings to objects since the Tag is

not involved at all in this process.

Thanks