Hello Arron,

Ideas... Great.
I think that source code samples can be more useful than abstract
ideas in free style. Every developer in this list has his own work and
doing struts-related activity by his free time.
If you can help in this way to the community, please post code and
config samples to the list.

A> No code, just an idea after Ted provided a link to a thread of mails
A> that had to do with the original problem of getting at the struts system
A> objects.

A> But I'm lookin into it.
A> I'll get back to ya, but should be able to get a mock set-up running of
A> the idea itself...
A> ...then the debate can start as to the syntax of configuring it, and
A> when, should it be a singleton, ad-infinitum. :)

A> Arron

A> Oleg V Alexeev wrote:

>>Hello Arron,
>>
>>I think that it is intersting and flexible approach. Can you supply
>>samples for it or refactor existing code to support such ideas?
>>
>>Wednesday, November 28, 2001, 6:37:06 AM, you wrote:
>>
>>AB> Not a special class, I'm talking about placing it into the process.
>>AB> Before the servlet updates the properties it checks for a security
>>AB> mapping. Based on the request and the security, it updates the
>>AB> properties. It would be more secure, and every property which is up to
>>AB> be set, can rest assured that it's safe. And that includes the
>>AB> properties that we "mean to expose" nested or otherwise.
>>
>>AB> All amounting to better security and an easier development path for the
>>AB> developers.
>>AB> I've had to use a decoupling through nested objects for an app that's in
>>AB> development. 100's of input fields. Writing proxy classes for it all.
>>AB> You have to be kidding.
>>
>>AB> Ted, there are some requirements out there where you *must* use nested
>>AB> objects.
>>AB> When is Struts going to *properly* support this!!??...
>>

>>AB> Arron.

>>AB> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>

A> --
A> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
Best regards,
 Oleg                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]