I can work on getting patches for multiple Struts
configuration files to work.

How should we go about specifying the config files in
the web.xml file?  Here's a couple of ideas I have:

1.) Perhaps we could have them named config[x]
replacing "x" with a number.  I.e...

<init-param>
<param-name>config1</param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config1.xml</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>config2</param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config2.xml</param-value>
</init-param>

2.) Change the current "config" parameter to support a
comma delimited list of config files.  I.e...

<init-param>
<param-name>config</param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config1.xml,/WEB-INF/struts-config2.xml</param-value>
</init-param>

What if anything should be done about duplicates
between files?  It appears that the current framework
allows duplicates.

As far as the DTD goes I agree wholeheartedly.  I
think we should change the root element to <struts>
and change the DOCTYPE to:

<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
          "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts
Configuration 1.2//EN"

"http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd";>

or we can leave it at 1.1, but let people with
existing snapshots know that their DTD is now
deprecated.

-james
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ejcenter.com/struts/