Hi all,

I have been using for a while in production environment a "slightly"
modified version of struts.jar (now v 1.0), and developed code using the
struts framework.  The biggest challenge was/is to manage the property
file that contains key-value pairs for the messages, since a large
number of developers are using it.

I am working on an xml implementation of MessageResources that is using
ResourceBundle and a custom xml parser. The resources (and corresponding
xml master files) are split in three categories: language,
error/exception and url. The parser is designed to load files referenced
in any other xml files referenced by using an include-file tag. Each
software module is using its own set of xml files that are included in
the "master" xml files.

This implementation is compatible with  the current struts
implementation (by using a waterfall search for the value of the key in
resource class; with a consistent naming convention for the key, the
message can be pinpointed in the correct implementation class...).

Comments, suggestions, death threats :) ?

Cheers,
Mihai Iancu
Sr. Software Developer