Hi Mike,

> Hmm. I think I was trying to make an implementation of struts upload that
> used the O'Reilly upload package. Replacing the existing upload code isn't
> really necessary, but fixing some bugs in the existing package is.

I see.

> It would definately be worth your time, if you're willing to work on it,
> to address these bugs.  I'll be a bit more vigilant about email and

Our customer had decided this may be worth to him, so at this point I'm
exploring, trying to draw an estimate on how much time either option would
take (XP style, see below). Either fix the bugs in the existing Struts
upload module, or adapt O'Reilly's. How much time do you think it would take
you?

> into detail.  The overall architecture of file upload is not
> too bad in my opinion, and doesn't need changing.  Just the
> implementation. I bet there might be some performance issues

Talking architecture, I never understood how I could handle the
MaxLengthExceededException raised when someone attempts to upload a file
bigger than the maximum size. See
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=100682691032695

Is this something that sould be entered in the bug database, as feature
request maybe?
How can this be solved?

> So, how about we do this "extreme programming" style

My company works in full XP mode already. I think it's a great idea.

Thank you for being so responsive,

--Renaud