Hello,

        I didn't find anything about my question in the archive, but I'm new to
the list so forgive me if I'm wrong.
        My question is about prefix mapping. I use a mapping like "/action/*"
in my web.xml. In catalina (and in tomcat 3.x also if I recall well)
that implies that an url like /context/action will produce  a null
pathInfo. Because of the code (found in line 731 of
RequestProcessor.java) that follows, I'm unable to add an action mapping
for that URL.

protected String processPath(HttpServletRequest request,
                                 HttpServletResponse response)
    path = (String) request.getAttribute(INCLUDE_PATH_INFO);
    if (path == null) {
       path = request.getPathInfo();
    }
    if ((path != null) && (path.length() > 0)) {
       return (path);
    }

Could the last if be replaced by something like what follows ?

if ((path == null) || path.length() == 0) {
   return "/"; // empty pathinfo is mapped to prefix "/"
} else {
   return (path);
}

Thanks for your help, and all my apologies for my poor english !

Dom