On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Martin Cooper wrote:

> Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:44:14 -0800
> From: Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Progress on bugs
>
> Sounds good.
>
> A related question: Which Commons components do we need to be officially
> released so that Struts 1.1 depends only on released versions (and not
> nightly builds)? The ones I am aware of are beanutils, dbcp and pool. Are
> there others?

Here's the "must have" list from my perspective:

  beanutils
  collections (required by beanutils)
  dbcp (I'm going to make GenericDataSource a wrapper around this
        so we don't have to maintain two pools, plus it eliminates
        our current problem compiling under 1.4)
  digester
  logging
  pool (required by dbcp)

Features that we currently offer as internal-to-Struts and commons (need
to pick one or the other):

  services
  validator

Features we've talked a lot about supporting but haven't finished yet
(and maybe should leave for later?):

  resources (this would probably be easy to switch to if its done)
  workflow (this should probably wait -- I've got some thoughts on a
            different approach to the Step definitions)

Also, isn't it time for "struts-tiles.jar" instead of "tiles.jar"?