Subject: The future of templates, regions, and tiles
From: Bill Wohler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
  Should I use templates, regions, or tiles? I would like to use
  something that meets our needs and is supported by (meaning, packaged
  in) Struts.

  Here's my understanding of the situation.

  In the beginning, David Geary wrote the template library which is a
  part of Struts. Since this library does not support inheritance, it
  does not meet our needs.

  Then, David wrote a regions library that he developed for his Advanced
  JavaServer Pages book. While this library has inheritance and meets
  our needs, this library does not appear to be a part of Struts.

  Independently, Cedric wrote tiles which meets our needs and is
  packaged with Struts 1.1 beta, but only as an adjunct.

  So, do you Struts developers intend to replace the template library
  with David's regions library or Ced's tiles library or neither? We'd
  like to choose the template library which will be eventually standard in
  Struts.

--
Bill Wohler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD
Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!