    Manuel> Hello,
    Manuel> First : I am a French developper, so I apologize for my poor English !

    Manuel> Our society decided to use STRUTS because of it’s MVC approach !

    Manuel> Our applications have to be accessed by differents customers devices.
    Manuel> Each customer device supports different languages ( html, vdxml, WML,
    Manuel> etc...)

    Manuel> What’s on ?

    Manuel> STRUTS having not intrisinc customer device notion, we are thinking about
    Manuel> two ways
    Manuel> for making STRUTS have a customer device notion.

I've often wondered (but not enough to write a RFE for it :) ) whether it would
be useful to build an extension to the "forward" element, such that the
"forward" still has a single name that is referenced from code, but inside the
element itself, it has a "switch" on a header, parameter, or something else,
which causes it to choose one of several real alternatives.

This would be less useful if you don't have close to a 1-1 mapping between sets
of alternatives.  For example, this may not be very useful when the choices are
between HTML and WML, as it's possible that a single HTML page would map to
more than one WML page (although you might have several WML cards in the deck).

My aim in considering an approach like this is to avoid building
application-specific infrastructure to "make the choice", by soft-coding the
choices into the application configuration.