This is a user mailing list kind of issue, but anyways...

What happens when you return the Object[] ("myArrayList.toArray()")
instead of the ArrayList itself?...
Because if you're using Struts 1.0/1.0.1 the ArrayList won't work, but
the Object[] will. Struts 1.1 can run the ArrayList directly.

You're trying to nest iterate tags, have you considered the nested
tags?... it really does make light work of this kind of thing.

Arron.