You are correct, it does sound like an Action class and really it would be
in many ways. But, The difference is that it does not forward anywhere it
merely performs data preparation and processing without having to bounce
around to several Action classes. The Action uses the process chain defined
in the process.xml doc to prepare data for the view. The action could still
do specific functions that it needs to do to then route to the proper view.

My thoughts were also that the processing of the Process chain could be
specified to happen either pre or post (not sure though, I haven't gotten
that far in my thoughts).

I imagine also there might be some conditional issues. But, that is why I
don't want to make it an Action class. It is possible though that maybe this
would be taken further. I just think that we have to be able to reuse more
logic easier. The current structure requires a fair amount of
predertermination and not quite enough modularity.

Brandon Goodin
Phase Web and Multimedia
P (406) 862-2245
F (406) 862-0354