It requires JSP 1.2
Apparently JSP 1.1 wont evaluate the custom tags of a dynamically
included JSP.
Which could also explain your servlet exception.

Update your Tomcat to get it to work properly. You can fake it though,
by looping through the child nodes yourself, but it will be restricted
in the amount of levels possible. However, I don't have any available
examples of this style any longer.

Arron.