>This solution is commonly used, but I'm not sure all servlet container will
>accept it.

Specifically, Weblogic does not support this.

These questions are probably better suited to the "struts-user" list.

Joe

>Nico
>
>>  thanx a lot Nico.
>>  I've tried by making an entry in to welcome file list.
>>  but in that case user can always access the file using home.jsp
>>  how can I make sure that user cannot call a page through url
>>  (http://..../home.jsp) which is bypassing the controller.
>>  user has to come access the home page through controller.
>>
>>  thanx a lot
>>  --------anjali

* Joe Germuska    { [EMAIL PROTECTED] }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
        --Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>