Bugzilla #11330 points out that the 'name' and 'type' attributes on the
issues came up. In particular, these two values are no longer sufficient to
locate/create any potential form bean - particularly dynamic form beans.

However, I believe we need to reinstate the old mechanism to preserve
backwards compatibility with Struts 1.0.x. Therefore, I plan to add back
*exactly* the old mechanism for when 'name' and 'type' are specified,
meaning that this usage will not have any additional functionality over
Struts 1.0.x, and specifically will not work for the creation of dynamic
beans. I also plan on documenting these attributes as deprecated starting
with Struts 1.1 (although there isn't a way to really deprecate tag
attributes, as far as I am aware).

Comments?

--
Martin Cooper