From: Taylor, Jason
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2002 12:21 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: getting MessageResources within ActionForm.reset()

Because I have a dynamic array of checkboxes which must be created in
reset() before the controller automatically populates the ActionForm, I need
to use the ActionForm.reset method.  If I
don't do the initialization in reset(), I can't use the controller to
initialize, populate and validate the form, and I may as well not use an
ActionForm.

Bottom line, there should be a way to get Resources in ActionForm.reset()--
there's no good reason I can see why you'd need system properties in the
Action class but not the ActionForm class.  The reset method receives the
request object, so you don't have the problem that the deprecated
ActionServlet.getResources() method had (i.e., no request argument to
indicate *which* bundle you want).

What I would like to know is why the deprecated method wasn't replaced with
ActionServlet.getResources(HttpServletRequest) rather than
Action.getResources(HttpServletRequest).

Anyone know of any way to get Resources within the ActionForm before I post
it to struts-dev?

-JT