Why does the default module have a prefix of ""?  Isn't this asymetrical
with the way the others are?  I haven't looked at how the names are
actually arrived at.  I've run into several spots where it living at "/"
isntead of "" would ... get rid of "special cases" though.  I suppose
this stems fromt he init-param names used to specify the modules (the
default one has no "/" in it's name).

I'm kind of hacking on selectApplication right now so that it can
accurately determine the sub-app, and this is ... yet another special
case :-)  What would I have to do in order to make the default sub-app
prefix be "/" instead of "", and why would that be bad?  What I want to
do is get matchPath (in selectApplication()) to be /<module-name>.  I'm
ok with the fact that the default module has no name, but I really think
the beginning "/" should be there.

Having that startsWith selecting the proper application is never going
to be anything but a PITA.  I'm trying to fix that right now.  I'll
await your direction though ;-)  If I can fix up the "" to "/" thing
I'll do that at the same time.  Still, it seems handling the one, single
special case at config load (tacking on the "/" to the prefix for the
default sub-application) would be a worthwhile thing to do -- it would
eliminate many special cases down the road (many instances of the same
special case, that is) :-)

(Is there something we can do to make this Zahid guy go "bye-bye"?  He
is going to do nothing but cause confusion ...)

--
Eddie Bush