    Arron> As for the EL, the property property should probably be left alone, but EL
    Arron> working on value evaluations and such would be groovy. Looking at how Dave's
    Arron> done the struts-el so far, it's just like what I produced for the nested
tags
    Arron> (using the extension), so it could happen. The evaluation of the property
    Arron> property would have to happen before the nested tag works out what it's
doing
    Arron> in relation to the parent tags. EL on the property property would be dicey
as
    Arron> it would have to evaluate exactly to the nested reference. I don't feel like
    Arron> being tech support for that one. :)

I'm not certain yet, but I'm pretty sure that each of the nested tag classes
would look almost exactly the same as all of the Struts-EL classes.  I just
process all of the attribute values through the EL engine before calling the
base "doStartTag()".  There's not much more to do.  The only wrinkle comes in
if the type of the attribute in the base class is not String, int, boolean, or
float.  Then I have to write a BeanInfo class, as the attribute in the "-el"
class has to be a String (int, boolean, and float are apparently automagically
translated).  This doesn't happen very often.  The only cases in Struts-EL
occurred with "collection" attributes.