From: Eddie Bush [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 3:32 PM
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: Selective diff?

Problem:

I've got a pending patch on RequestUtils already for selectApplication.
 I also made another modification (added getApplicationPrefix to return
the current module prefix) to RequestUtils while bringing the validator
into 1.1-compliance.  This means I have two different bugs I need to
pick certain changes out for selectively.

Question:

Is there a way I can tell cvs diff -u to give me just a certain section
as a patch - or is it possible for me to modify the patch to exclude the
already posted patch for selectApplication?

Not being 110% familiar with how the diff does it's thing (and noticing
there is apparantly some config up top telling it where to apply the
patch), I'm reluctant to believe it's a simple matter of editing the
patch file.  Should I then have a seperate CVS tree for each patch -
which only contains changes relevant to a given bug?  (Man - that's a
nasty solution, but it's the best one I can come up with!  That's
certainly a lot of work just to keep changes seperate!)

--
Eddie Bush