Ted Husted wrote:

10/18/2002 9:19:26 AM, Eddie Bush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You and I are in the same camp on this, but I don't think now is the time for significant change. We need to "hurry" 1.1, and the only way I see to do that is for each of us to agree to seperatism in 1.1 - understanding and *expecting* that 1.2 will be our chance to solve the problems we wanted to solve in 1.1 but couldn't (because of time).

Could we please speak in terms of Sruts 1.2.x ?

Sorry - yes. That's actually what I meant, but I do see where it's not clear.

If we implement some other useful things, and this new module implementation isn't ready, I don't want statements like this to come backs as a veto on a 1.2.0 release. Please, no more "gotta have its" targeted for a specific release. If a feature is ready, it's ready, if not, it can wait for the next iteration. (We just need more iterations :0)

We do need to be "agile" in terms of the remaining tasks for 1.1.0. But I'm concerned that there be any implication that we are ready to sacrifice quality for expediency.
Agreed. What is in 1.1.0 should be solid. That's not to say it will be as "feature-full" as we would like (wrt sharing).

We all agree that there are other approaches to modules, but we need to finish this one before we consider the others. I don't believe that's "hurrying", it's simply coding and releasing one use-case at a time.
Right.

Eddie Bush