On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, David Graham wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:58:52 -0600
> From: David Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Validator Integration
>
> That's another one of my concerns.  I don't know how much JSF will replace
> the need for this.  If it doesn't, then I think this is the way to go.

Component-level validation (with pluggable validators) is definitely
something that JSF will address.  However, the current design of JSF
doesn't currently have any analogue for a form bean (or the notion of a
single form-wide validate() method), so it will be interesting -- if that
is how things end up -- to see if the notion of form-level validation is
still a useful concept.