Too late for your book, but something worth mentioning - XDoclet now has the capability to mark setters on a form beans with some specific @tags that will auto-generate validation.xml. I noticed at the end of that sample chapter it mentions the pain of writing those XML files. That pain is no more in any of my Struts-based projects thanks to this piece of XDoclet which I created.

The XDoclet feature (<strutsvalidationxml> subtask to <webdoclet>) only works for ValidatorForm subclasses, not the action variant (currently, this could be changed, but I only validate by form name, not action path). And, of course, its only good for non-DynaActionform situations where you actually have a Java source file to process. I do not use DynaActionForm's, so thats not an issue my projects either.

Erik

James Turner wrote:
Chapter 17 (DynaForms and the Validator) from the upcoming SAMS title "Struts Kick Start" is now available at www.strutskickstart.com.

Enjoy,