HI,

we (the Tomcat dev team) are experiencing some problem with Struts 1.0.2 and Xerces 2.2.0 in Tomcat. When starting Tomcat, a wrong exception is thrown (see below). Is somedoby aware of a similar problem? I'm trying to produce a smaller test case for the Xerces-J team (they will not fix the bug until I produce a smaller test case :-( ). I have make some tests and the problem doesn't seems to come from the Digester, but directly from Xerces.

Any help will be appreciated.

-- Jeanfrancois

Parse Fatal Error at line 551 column 44: The string "--" is not permitted within comments
.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The string "--" is not permitted within comments.
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Sou
rce)
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.scanComment(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.scanComment(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.scanDecls(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.scanDTDExternalSubset(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown S
ource)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Sou
rce)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.struts.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:755)