On the various infrastructure lists related to apache.org web sites, there
is an increasing focus on taking advantage of the network of servers
around the world that are willing to mirror apache.org content, and
thereby reduce the load on the main servers.  As we approach an imminent
Struts 1.1 release (which I bet will create a noticeable bubble in
downloads for a while :-), I would like us to be good Apache citizens and
set up the Struts distributions to make mirroring work as well.

Fortunately, we don't have to figure out how to do this all by ourselves
-- Stefan Bodewig (a core committer on Ant) did some trailblazing work and
was kind enough to document the process:

  http://cvs.apache.org/~bodewig/mirror.html

which also includes a pointer to the general Apache mirrorring info:

  http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html

Could whoever plans on volunteering to be release manager for 1.1b3 and/or
1.1 final (hint hint :-) please become familiar with these docs so that we
can set up our releases to be supported by the mirrors?

Thanks!