On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Ted Husted wrote:

> >    http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/proposals/release-plan-
> 1.1b3.html
>
> I would remove
>
> 14042 - Unknown Memory leaks with JBoss 3.x +(Tomcat/Jetty)
>
> as a "must have" since I don't think we can commit to curing a
> problem with an "unknown" cause in a specific container.

The plan doesn't say we're committing to fixing the problem, it says the
problem report must be resolved before final release of Struts 1.1. I
believe we need to do that, even if we have to mark it LATER because we
haven't been able to reproduce it or track it down by the time we're
otherwise ready for a final release.

Since I'm using JBoss/Jetty in my "day job" these days, I'll be keeping an
eye out for this problem in any case.

> I would add
>
> 13645 - add action attribute in <html:link/>

I wouldn't want to start adding enhancement requests to the list - that
would be the start of a slippery slope. However, if you want to claim that
this is a bug rather than an enhancement request, then I don't have a
strong objection to adding it (assuming someone will commit to fixing it
before 1.1 final).

> Otherwise, +1
>
> I am also not clear if the list needs to be resolved before b3
> ships. At this point, I believe at this point we should be
> striving for something we can just release if nothing unexpected
> turns up; so whatever *needs* to be in the release should also be
> in b3.

As stated in the second para of the Release Criteria, the items in the
list must be resolved prior to a subsequent release candidate.

One point Craig brought up before is that we agreed to switch over to use
Commons Resources prior to 1.1 final. Unless that happens before this
coming freeze date, we can't call this anything other than a Beta.

> Also, is the freeze date [29-JAN-2002 00:00] or [29-JAN-2002
> 24:59]?

By convention, the freeze date is neither of the above ;-) it's
29-DEC-2002 23:59 PST.

--
Martin Cooper