The setter and getter for the "noticeStatus" property on your form bean
are the key to this.  The setter is used when you submit the form, and
the getter is used to populate the selected item.  It would be useful to
set a breakpoint in your getter method, to first verify it is getting
there, and then to verify what value it is retrieving.  It's possible
the form bean is just in request scope, which would mean the form bean
used to set the value at submit time would be a different object from
the bean used to populate the form.