Based on what I understand, if you had a logic-el:iterate loop (or even
"c:forEach", now) containing a single "html-el:text" component whose
"value" attribute used an EL expression based on the index variable, the
first iteration would use the value of the first index, and the second
iteration would unexpectedly use the value from the first iteration
(because it wouldn't call the setter).  Is it really this simple?

> > I'll start to put this together, but I won't plan on committing it
in
> > the 1.1 timeframe unless we are motivated to want it sooner.
>
> As soon as possible, please!  Is there a consensus on how to fix it
yet?

As you can see, we're still thinking about it.