I know this is the question on the tip of all struts-dev folks' tongues.
First of all, I do apologise for taking so long to get this puppy out. The
tag happened on time, but this has been an insane week at my day job, and
I've had little time to validate the build. (My employer announced an
acquisition on Wednesday, which added some extra hooplah to the week
too...)

In any case, running the Cactus tests tonight, I have a problem. On all of
the Tomcat versions I've tried so far (4.1.18, 4.0.6, 3.3.1), I get a test
failure in the Tiles tests. The relevant part of the output follows:

----- cut here -----
    [junit] Testcase: testMultiFactory took 2.544 sec
    [junit] Caused an ERROR
    [junit]
junit.framework.Assert.assertNotSame(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Ob
ject;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
    [junit] at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TestTilesPlugin.testMultiFactory(Test
TilesPlugin.java:236)
    [junit] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [junit]     at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
    [junit] at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMet
hodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    [junit] Testcase: testMultiFactory
----- cut here -----

There was a flurry of messages on the Cactus tests on this list recently,
but this does not appear to be related to the problems described therein.

Obviously, I need to determine whether this is a bug that we need to fix
prior to RC1, or if I somehow messed up my system. (I have been able to
run the Cactus tests in the past.) Therefore, I'd appreciate it if someone
else could take the tests for a spin, and let me know the results.

Thanks!

--
Martin Cooper