On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Karr, David wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:06:52 -0800
> From: "Karr, David" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: committers attention - just a few moments...
>
> Failing responses from people who are actually familiar with the nested
> tags and your changes, then I think you'll just have to use your own
> judgment.  I had to make a similar decision recently wrt the Struts-EL
> tags.  Test your changes as much as possible, and try to get some
> feedback from people who are using your tags.  If you think it's safe to
> commit, then do it (but don't quote me on that :) ).

I think David articulates a rational approach.  If you think the fix for
nested tags should go in (in spite of being a larger patch than we might
be normally comfortable with), and you've tested it as much as you can,
I'm certainly not going to argue.  Worst case - we do an RC2 with this fix
to give the world one more shot at proving it's still got a problem.

Craig