In your action subclass remove "throws Exception" from the signature and you will see the exceptions your code throws. You can narrow the exception specification while subclassing but not widen it.

David

From: "Dario Geier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Action.Execute method signature
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:25:10 +0200

I noticed that the Execute method in the Action class throws java.lang.Exception. I understand that this is done for supporting the Declarative Exception Handling feature.
Now, I am having a problem identifying all the possible exceptions that can be thrown while processing the action, as the compiler won't tell me about them.

Is there any way to overcome this?
How do you recommend to work after the perform (deprecated) method will desapear?