Thanks, Craig. I think we have the source of the difficulty pinpointed now. Thanks to everyone that helped, and I do think it is most probably a Tomcat configuration matter. Micael

At 09:47 AM 3/29/03 -0800, you wrote:

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Micael wrote:

> Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 08:05:37 -0800
> From: Micael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re:  Struts PlugIn Interface Mystery: Where does the second
>     classcome from?
>
> Not sure why you said these things, and would like to know what reasoning
> is behind them.  There is only one webapp there.

Despite appearances, this is not always true.  Here is a very simple way
to cause the same web application directory to be started twice (on two
different context paths) and therefore start your daemon twice:

* Create a webapp in directory "$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/foo"

* Add a <Context> entry in your server.xml file like this:

<Context path="/bar" docBase="foo"/>

What you've just done is started this app twice -- once under context path
"/foo" (because the directory was automatically recognized) and once under
context path "/bar" (because you explicitly created it with the <Context>
element).

>  I would not know whether
> this were a Tomcat-Users or a Tomcat-Dev question or a struts question.  It
> happens, as I said, with PlugIn but not without PlugIn, so seems that it
> might be struts related or interesting to people in a Struts context.  So,
> I am not sure that this was an inappropriate post, even now.

Because it happened *without* Struts as well as with Struts, that's the
clue that it is probably not something Struts-specific, and therefore more
relevant on TOMCAT-USER since you are using Tomcat.  In fact, TOMCAT-USER
has historically covered this issue quite a few times -- do searches for
keywords like "twice" and "two times" and you'll get some hits.

LEGAL NOTICE

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain information belonging to the sender which may be confidential and legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom this electronic mail transmission was sent as indicated above. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the message. Thank you