Martin Cooper wrote:
The tagging for the main Struts release will actually be a bit more
painful for RC2 since you can't just blanket-tag the Commons packages -
they'll have to be tagged individually to match the specific versions
we're bundling.

I can understand why we tagged the Commons packages when we were building betas against the nightly builds, but now that we are basing our RCs on Final Releases or other Release Candidates, tagging the Commons CVS seems futile and dangerous. Don't they already have tags for the versions upon which we have declared our dependency? And, I'd have to be sure I had the release version checked-out (some of which are months old now) rather than the current trunk.