Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
Display tag- (Talk out of bouth sides of your mouth) Yes Stuts is view
<snip/>
Other Struts developers, of course, can speak for themselves.

There are a ton of very cool extension for Struts, DisplayTag, SSL-Ext, Struts-Menu, to name a very few. Many more than we could ever try to support here.

But, the beauty of the open source world is that we don't ~need~ to support everything here. People can setup projects at SourceForge and so forth and do everything there that they could do here.

I'd like to see more HOW-TOs in our documentation in regard to the many extensions. But it's up to the people using these extensions to contribute them. I'm also hoping to get caught up on the resources page soon, which is also sadly behind the times.

While ee should keep the new Struts-Examples application tied to what's in our core distribution, I think there's room for a Struts-Extensions application that uses things like DisplayTag, Struts Menu, xDoclet, and so forth. But, that's something I would envision living on the Struts SourceForge site (assuming somone wants to build it).

-Ted.

-- Ted Husted, Struts in Action <http://husted.com/struts/book.html>