Actually, the way I wrote the code, wildcards are only matched if an exact
match cannot be found but before the "unknown" action mapping is executed.
So, there is no performance penalty for existing applications that use
specific matchings.  The order:

 - Try to find an action mapping that matches the path exactly
 - Try to find an action mapping using wildcard matching
 - Try to locate the mapping for "unknown" paths

Don