From: Joe Germuska [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 12:09 PM
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: Re: Workflow for Struts

At 12:58 -0400 8/3/03, Ted Husted wrote:
>AFAIK, there really aren't any open-source business application
>controller frameworks "out there" now, and Struts often ends up
>filling this void. Before we talk about extending Struts so that it
>encroaches on business application space, perhaps we should consider
>whether "Struts is enough".
>
>What I'm thinking is that below Struts there should be a pure
>business application controller framework. It would have all the
>same hallmarks as Struts, such as input helpers, locations,
>handlers, and message resources. But, these would all have pure
>signatures, free of web and servlet semantics. Essentially, Struts
>without HTTP.

Have you (or anyone on the list) looked at Bob McWhirter's
"werkflow"? http://werkflow.codehaus.org/

I've been meaning to look at it more closely to see if it qualifies
as some or part of the "open-source business application controller
frameworks" you mention.

Joe
Joe Germuska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://blog.germuska.com
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
        --Jaron Lanier