<snip/>

I guess I have to reiterate what others have said earlier today: how do
you deal with handling or enforcing composition order?  I.e. are you
implicitly assuming/requiring that the various elements in the chain are
orthogonal with respect to changes in the input/output "stream" or
changes in state that other elements in the chain might have visibility
into?  Or do you assume that the composition order is part of the
interface specification, document accordingly, and hope that your
clients will read and follow the ordering specification?

Steve