>Struts-Tiles-Portal-Portlet framework and container.

I think that there is a big difference between the framework used to build a portal
server and a "portlet framework". I see that Struts+Tiles is a very good framework to
build a portal server, but it seems to me that the ways in which Struts would be used
as a framework for building a portal server are very different than Struts being used
as a "portlet framework".

IMHO, Struts developers should focus on making Struts an efficient portlet framework.
Portal server developers could tweak Struts in their own ways in order to use it as a
framework for building their portal server, but I don't see the need for
standardization in this area. Standardization is rather necessary in the are of using
Struts as a portlet framework.

What are your opinions?

-Mete