[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well, even though it isn't important, wanted, needed, etc... would you guys at
least take a look at the work that I have done? Should I just attach a zip in
a mail to the list?

I cannot commit any personal time to this, although I think it definitely makes sense. The best way to make sure your proposed code doesn't get lost in the mailing list archives, it's best to create an enhancement request in the bug tracking system:

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

and then add your ZIP to the existing report as an attachment.

I have created the packages:
org.apache.strutsel.taglib.nested
org.apache.strutsel.taglib.nested.html

I did not implement logic and bean since they are both replaced by JSTL. I
need to do the tld and I think this little excursion will be complete.

That would be quite interesting.

Carl

Craig

Quoting "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Edgar P Dollin wrote:

Everyone has preferences but in my opinion JSTL doesn't hold a candle to

the

nested tags, especially customized nested tags.

I do agree however that JSTL for nested tags is not that important. It

does

help in environments where there is ZERO tolerance for JSP expressions

Conveniently ignoring the fact that something like <nested:write property="foo.bar"/> stll contains a "JSP expression" -- just not a *standard* JSP expression :-).

or
that are running older versions of the servlet container.

Definitely.

Edgar