Greg Reddin wrote:
If this is the case, how are we any better off with this model than we were with a monolithic request processor? Why should the commands have so much inter-dependence now that they are separate objects? Are we better off with them as inter-dependent separate objects than we were as one monolithic object?

The next step might be to try and integrate something like Struts Workflow and/or Tiles into the RequestProcessor chain and see what the various Chains look like.

Though, regardless of what happens with the Struts RequestProcessor (a *very* complicated bit of business logic), I'm finding Chain to be a very useful interface to an application's business layer.