Bob Lee wrote:

I looked at the latest source and it doesn't appear to synchronize. Though you could fix this using a custom RequestProcessor, I think it qualifies as a bug.

First, it should synchronize form creation. Right now more than one instance of a session-scoped form can be created.

Well, you can get more than one *created*, but only one will actually be stored as a session attribute if the attribute name is the same. Synchronizing the session.setAttribute() method would be pointless; the container guarantees that this won't break anything. So, exactly what portion of the code would you propose to synchronize?

Second, it should synchronize access access to session scoped forms. Right now, an action can be working on a session-scoped form while the RequestProcessor is populating the same form with properties from a concurrent request.

If you guys agree, I will fix the default RequestProcessor and submit a patch.

Feel free to submit a patch, but I'm betting the performance cost of implementing it will be horrendous. If you're concerned about multiple simultaneous requests, you should really be using request scope form beans anyway.

Thanks,
Bob

Craig

Bob Lee wrote:

Does Struts synchronize on session-scoped forms? For example, can I assume that Stuts won't modify the fields on a session-scoped form in response to one request while an action is still using it?

Someone on the user list says that it does not.

Thanks,
Bob