From: "Weaver, Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:  Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:33:03 -0500

Hi Martin,

I know most of the stuff in commons proper, I don't think that's were my issue lies.
I am pretty sure it was chain that I couldn't find and, at the time, I am not sure it
was available, even within commons-sandbox.  I don't remember the specific issues as
this was around 2 months ago when I last tried.

> I was actually having the same problem but from the other side of the
> coin, as it were. I need to build 'chain' against the Portlet API, but I
> couldn't get Pluto to build, and couldn't figure out the deps for that.
> (BTW, since Pluto's build.xml depends on ant-contrib, '-projecthelp'
> doesn't work until that's configured, which is quite mysterious until you
> look at the build file itself. ;)

Try "build driver", there are custom ant tasks that get included when you call the
"build" script.

I really don't do much at all with Pluto portal implementation in that my focus,
concerning Jetspeed, is the core Pluto container itself.  That is were I spend most of
my time in regards to Pluto.

That being said, there should be no fork in development to support either Pluto Portal
or Jetspeed 2.  In fact, if we do this correctly, the whole thing should be
transparent to the Struts portlet app and that app should be easily portable to any
other JSR-168 portal.

p.s.

I have no issues whatsoever with joining the Struts-dev mailing list, however, I think
it might be in the best interest of all involved that we cross-post to both struts-dev
and pluto-dev.

I look forward to working with you.

Regards,
| Scott T Weaver                 |