The less jars, the better.

I have like 2 dozen. I wish containers shipped with some commons-* jars and xml handling jars, like Tomcat does.

Really, servelt 2.5 spec should state something like jars needed by 80% of apps (collections, beans, log4j, xmltypes suggested) should be in the container common lib. No, not the silly j2ee.jar which has things that are used by 15% of people (yes, it's a scientific #, it says this, if I do not need it, no one needs it). I mean even rt.jar is 18 megs, why not containers have some stuff, we already have class loader issues anyway.
bP is only 90K, but needs a lot of jars to wake up.

I happen to use lang for other things so this one does not help me and it would detriment and active commiter.

.V

Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
Quoting David Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I think we inherit the dependency on commons lang from some other
component.  Our use of lang's features is very limited and my preference
is to keep it that way.  Regardless, toString() is easy to implement
without ToStringBuilder.

Last time I looked, ToStringBuilder was the only  dependency we have on
commons-lang.  I'd much rather do a little more work in our toString() methods
and dump the dependency if that's actually the case, unless there's some
compelling need for any of the other c-l methods.

David