From: Vic Cekvenich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 4:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Should Struts ship with all of the commons jar files needed
to get Struts datasources working?

Hello Rick,

They are deprecated; targeted for removal; and for a good reason, since
it's a bad practice to have a data source served by the web app., a
container provides a data source. In esence, maybe legacy jar should not
be included any more, it has been a while since 1.1 released.
There is to much talk about data connection's as it is on user.

(I wish more be taged as deprected :logic/bean, since in the future...
they will be and there was a comment on dev list that no one is keen to
patch, so just give users a signal )

.V