I haven't heard any response to this enhancement request. To recap,. the
idea is to add the ability for the html tags to be configured via a
supplied bean - the properties on the bean corresponding to the
properties on the tag. For example, the <html:base> tag would be
extended to accept an attribute "bean". That bean would be a Java Bean
that (potentially) contained the properties "target" and "server" just
as the <html:base> tag takes attributes "target" and "server". If
available and supplied, the tag would take the values from the
corresponding properties on the beans. Generic get methods (e.g. get(
String name )) could also be supported - if get( "server" ) return
not-null in this example, then the value would be used.

I'm willing to look at making the changes - but I hadn't heard any
reaction to the proposal. If the changes were made, would they be
accepted?

hab
------
Bob Hablutzel       Market Architect       Liberty Mutual Group
EITS/Personal Markets
603 245-9485        [EMAIL PROTECTED]