> I had done something like it a little before DigestingPlugin was
 committed, but it faced the challenge that LabelValueBean didn't have
 a no-arg constructor, and so was hard to use with Digester.

I believe I committed a fix for that issue some time ago.

You did; that's why I was able to do the example now!

Not only is it not core functionality but it forces you to use a certain
XML structure for loading LVB objects.  I'd rather let users decide how
their XML looks when using Digester to load objects.

Fair enough. There are plenty of other files that people habitually copy into WEB-INF when beginning a Struts project; one more won't hurt for those that want it.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "We want beef in dessert if we can get it there."
-- Betty Hogan, Director of New Product Development, National Cattlemen's Beef Association