We don't provide a datasource *implementation*, but we still support the datasources
*manager*.

IMHO, removing support for the datasources manager would force a major release since
some applications would need to be redesigned.

If we did decided to do that, then we should also extract the datasources manager into
a separate package that could be migrated to Jakarta Commons or db.apache.org, since
it is a useful tool for managing multiple datasources that many people may be using.

-Ted.