I have put the javascript taglib in its own JSP so that I can call it up with this:

<script src="staticjavascript.do" type="text/javascript">

The result of staticjavascript.do is meant to be pure javascript, like in a javascript file, without <script> HTML. If the script tags are there, then the browser can't read the javascript.

I changed the JavascriptValidatorTag source to get scriptLanguage="false" to turn off the addition of these tags.

It looks like the scriptLanguage attribute is only for putting the language="Javablah" in the HTML though.

I could put in another attribute, e.g. enclosingScriptTags.

Would you like me to submit an enhancement?

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian