At 7:11 AM -0500 3/18/04, Ted Husted wrote:
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:20:54 -0800 (PST), Martin Cooper wrote:
 I'll be putting together a list, shortly, of what needs to happen
 next for us to fully "graduate". Stay tuned...

One thing the resolution mentions is that we are to draw up a set of bylaws.

Heretofore, we've been operating under the Jakarta Guidelines, to good effect, IMHO.

I recently created a proposed patch the guidelines to reflect that the PMC members are the decisions makers, and that Committers are essentially Contributors with write privileges.

http://www.apache.org/~husted/jakarta-site2/site2-patch.txt

Maybe I'm reading the diffs wrong, but I think that it says

+  However, the only binding votes are those cast by a PMC Member.
(in decisions.xml, patch line 51)

and also

+  Those who have been longterm or valuable contributors to the project
+  can earn the right to commit directly to the source repository and to
+  cast binding votes during the decision-making process.
(roles.xml, patch lines 279-281)

Actually, now that I read the generated HTML, I can see how this isn't actually a conflict -- the roles.xml blurb isn't actually saying that committers get to cast binding votes... I'm not coming up with better verbiage, but one clarification would be to add some text later in the document under the PMC section specifically mentioning voting.

Not a huge deal really, but clarity is a good thing.

Joe
--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."
-- Jef Raskin